Sarah: I first met Pınar at the workshop Picturing Encounters for storyteller and illustrators in July 2019 where she moved me to tears with her story of the philosopher’s stone. We discovered that we shared a passion for swing dancing and saw each other at Villa Neukölln, TTMS and Rotbart later that year.
While we are now discussing how to organize online storytelling workshops and while I am looking at the picture of how we celebrated her birthday at the launching event of our latest magazine edition, it comes to my mind that this has been a best encounter for many months!
Pınar: I would describe Sarah’s and my encounters as emotional sentences set in different places in Berlin:
- Workshop ‘Picturing Encounters’, Schöneberg: What a wholehearted woman!
- Beer conversation at Laidak Bar, Neukölln: Yeah, I know this feeling: We are all in the same boat in Berlin.
- Swing Dance Party, Tangotanzenmachtschön, Kreuzberg: It Don’t Mean a Thing If It Ain’t Got That Swing.
- Workshop ‘An introduction to art of storytelling’, Schöneberg: You don’t know yet but I am so grateful to you.
- Magazine Launch, Lichtburgforum Wedding (Surprising birthday celebration after my performance): Oh My GOD! Is it real? Because it is so surreal!